Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A good few days...

I have been playing some good poker lately. I cashed the Stars Million on Sunday. Hardly an exhilarating performance, but I was happy about my play and took a few notes on things I wanted to work on and improve. I do this VERY rarely so I know I was taking it seriously for a change! I retain my 100% cash record for the million which is great, I just need to work on lasting to the bigger money. I hovered around average stack for most of the tournament and was very happy with my play towards the bubble, taking full advantage of a table of a couple of tight and short stacked players on my left.

I have been trying to play some more UK time friendly tournaments this week and work on my game in bigger field MTT’s. I managed to cash in the 10k on Stars last night but, didn’t play much after due to the frustration of my exit.

I played again tonight and went out early. I fired up a $13 Double Shootout to WCOOP event #2. I had a great first table, the HU lasted all of about 5 hands and as we were one of the last tables to finish I didn’t have to wait too long for the final table. The play was actually pretty good, or at least better than I had expected for a turbo. I was pretty quiet but managed to get a chip lead 3 handed and grind one of the players down.

Heads up is always a fun experience for me. I’m pretty erratic and not particularly conventional in my play. 3rd place got nothing 2nd was $240 and 1st was the $530 seat. Still plenty to play for - 20 hands and about 10 all-ins later I took it down. It was absolutely manic but I can now proudly add Event #2 - $530 NLHE to my WCOOP schedule!

No comments: