Monday, June 20, 2011

WSOP Days 19 & 20

Duke graduate Andy Frankenberger took down Event #28: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em and added $600k and a WSOP bracelet to his already impressive poker resume which includes a win in the WPT Legends of Poker Main Event in addition to a $2k Venetian Deepstack event. Frankenberger gave up a Wall Street career as a equity derivatives trader and eventually started playing poker professionally. As if to prove the win means something (from wsop.com):

For me, it’s so important for me to get this win. When I won the Legends and I won the Venetian, poker was very new to me. I had not invested that much into it in terms of time or energy. At this point, I have been playing all year. I have been traveling all over the world. This is my first big win of 2011, so I can’t even begin to tell you how much this win means to me right now.

Another large field for the WSOP as Event #28 attracted over 2,500 players. The fields definitely have been healthy overall and from what I hear the action at the cash tables and in satellites has been good too.

Event #29: $2,500 10-Game Mix was scheduled to play down to a winner, but as the 10th level ended 3 players still remained. Well known 2+2'er Shaun Deeb narrowly missed out on his first bracelet after busting in 4th place. Chris Lee lead the remaining three players into (what should be) the last day.

---

No comments: