Friday, December 04, 2009

Learning To Win Flips

Clearly I won a few to get to these positions, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

From the last 2 weeks:

$55 Stars - 16/2100
$11r Stars - 22/2500
$75 FTP - 7/780
$33 Stars 500 Max - 6/450
$16 Stars Turbo - 20/1600

Most of these were for decent stacks too. I haven't won a tournie with > 500 players this year and I'd really like to take one down before Christmas.

I think part of the problem is all the huge fields online these days. My average field size this year is 1900, so the variance I encounter is bound to be huge. I should probably mix in some slightly higher buy-in tournies with smaller fields, but I just can't resist a field of 2k terrible players and the prospect of a five figure payday for 1st.

Volume is an issue too. I haven't had the chance to play anywhere as much as I would have liked this year, and there really isn't that much action at the times I want to play outside of my regular tournies.

No comments: