Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Funny Vegas Story

You know that strange little exchange when someone asks you for the time:

Them: Excuse me, do you have the time?

You: Sure *checks watch* it's half past

Them: Half past?

At this point it becomes apparent that they don't know what hour it is and you'll let them know.

Today a friend told me what can only be described at the Vegas version of this story.

He's standing in the Bellagio lobby and a well dressed, tired looking man in his 40's walks over and asks for the time. My friend looks down at his watch and informs the gentleman that it's 6 o'clock.

The man responds 'Erm, 6 o'clock in the morning?'

It was 6pm. I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that he didn't know if it was evening or morning, or that he guessed and got it wrong.

I can't wait to go back to Vegas. Unfortunately I have five long months to wait until I'll next be in town.

No comments: