Monday, August 07, 2006

Go Humberto!

Another Sunday Million, another cash. I placed 555 last night for just under $450 maintaining my 100% record. Not the best result ever but better than nothing.

Unfortunately it wasn’t a particularly exciting tournament for me. I just couldn’t seem to win more than one pot in a row. After the first break I went from 5k to 11k, then back down to 4k, up to 14k then back down to 6k. I got moved a crazy amount of times early on, never giving me enough time to get comfortable at my table. Not a bad return from my $11 Double Shootout qualification though!

I’m a bit gutted that Annie Duke is out of the WSOP Main Event. Since everyone I know was out I decided to pick her as my favourite to take it down. It would have been nice to have a couple of high place female finishers this year but alas, they are all out.

With 45 left I think I’ll go with a shortie now to keep things interesting. I think Costa Rican Humberto Brenes still has a fighting chance with just over half a million in chips. Go Humberto!

It will be interesting to see if Pokerstars will have the ‘buy’ the winner again this year. They have 9 left of the 45 remaining. None of them are particularly big stacks, but I think a certain Mr Lynch is certainly worth keeping an eye on. He has just shy of 2 million in chips and I think he has a lot more to offer.

No comments: