Friday, July 21, 2006

Party Poker Challenge

I logged into Party the other day for the first time in a while and a message popped up offering me a $25 restricted bonus.

This type of bonus you don’t need to deposit for. They put the $25 in your account and you can use that to play on the tables with but only cash out if you play 200 raked hands.

I didn’t have anything else to do and I thought it would make a ncie change from my normal limit games.

There was another catch for me however. Due to the cash out options available to me I could cash out a minimum of $50. So my aim was to turn the $25 into $50 inside the 200 required hands and then cash out.

No time for an appropriate bankrolled game. $25, need to play raked hands, need to double my money in a short space of time and have some fun. $25 NL Time!

So I picked a half decent game from the tables available and got to work. Didn’t see a thing for about 30 hands until I got AA UTG. I raised to 3 x BB and a player in MP raised all-in for about $18 (I had about $22) I called and he flipped QJs! 2 pair for him by the turn and I’m seriously low. I decide to push next hand with JT and just over double to about $8.

By 100 raked hands played I’m up to about $14 and I pick up QQ in MP. A player in EP raises to $1 and I just call. It folds round and the two of us see the flop of KQ5. He raises to $2 and I re-raise. He thinks for ages and calls. The turn sees another 5 and he puts in his last $3 and I call seeing off his AK.

Now that I had a half decent amount I started to play more aggressively again and got to around $40 by 200 raked hands without hardly showing down a hand . I was a bit gutted that I didn’t hit the $50 mark I needed to cash out but another 20 hands did the trick and my Neteller account was just over $60 richer.

Since NL isn’t my normal game I was pretty impressed I managed this. It was good fun and I can only hope that Party try to tempt me back again with another bonus. Next time I think I’ll try my hand at Omaha .

Since I have no reason to deposit the $60 anywhere and my BR doesn’t need it, I might use it for another challenge. Suggestions are welcome!

No comments: