Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fish & Chips

So, I decided to call my blog 'Fish & Chips' because I think I'm witty and clever. The name occurred to me when I was in bed this morning and after a less than extensive search on Google to see if anyone had taken the name poker-wise, (which they probably haven't) I decided it would have to stick.

It’s bloody hot here in the UK at the moment, so not too much time to play poker and other indoor activities. While I was out on a bike ride with a couple of my friends, I noticed the alarming number of people with their windows up on their cars. Now I assume this is because they spent all their hard earned cash on a car which has so many gadgets that they feel inclined to use them. I’m not talking about the people trying to have conversations with other people which would be inconvenient with the wind noise at 70 MPH, or the people sitting in traffic with no breeze. I’m Talking about the people in cars, on their own, on the open road. Please, wind your windows down and enjoy the sunshine! You might even like it.

No comments: