Monday, June 04, 2007

WSOP Main Event Seat #2

Last weekend I won my second WSOP Main Event seat of the year as the ITH peoples champion. I was down to 500 chips at one point early on, but managed to get a little lucky and battled my way back to win the seat.

This means I can now use the remaining cash from my first seat (which Stars has given me already) to play in some preliminary events. I’m also still able to wear Stars gear so I get to pick up my $1k sponsorship money when I arrive in Vegas. Looking at the events available while I’m out there the following events are the ones I intend to play:

Event #47 - 06/29/07 - $2000 - No-Limit Hold’em

Event #49 - 06/30/07 - $1500 - No-Limit Hold’em

Event #53 - 07/03/07 - $1500 - Limit Hold’em Shootout

Event #55 - 07/06/07 - $10,000 - World Championship No-Limit Texas Hold'em

Clearly if I’m still in on day two of event 47 I won’t be playing event 49. I might also play the $1k SHOE event if I manage to win a sat. I have been playing quite a few mixed games recently and feel that once you take Razz out of the equation I have a decent shot.

I have just got back from Dublin where I played the Irish APAT event. I went out a couple of levels after the dinner break after the CO pushed JJ and I called on the button with AKs with no help from the board. I’ll probably write up a trip report today or tomorrow so I’ll post it here as soon as it’s done.

No comments: