Monday, April 16, 2007

Nice Weather > Poker

Things have been a bit slow on the poker front for me lately, largely due to the awesome weather we are experiencing here in the UK at the moment. On Friday I managed to make the FT of a small $10 tournament at Stars with nearly 700 runners, I ended up losing a flip heads up for over 70% of the chips in play and took 2nd place for around $1k.

I also had a great run during the week making the FT of a live $200 Freezeout. When we were down to six players the chip leader had around half the chips in play and was doing a good job of playing the big stack. I was raising every hand he wasn’t involved in, and ended in my pushing 4 hands in a row with 5 left before being called when I had AA.

A dream situation saw me up against AK, villain promptly rivered a straight to cripple me and I busted a few hands later for just over $2200.

I have also read recently about the WSOP Main Event structure change. It seems they have taken a note out of Pokerstars book and doubled the starting chip stacks to 20,000, but doubling the blinds at the same time, meaning the changes will make absolutely no difference. It looks like they have decided to double the starting stacks in the rest of the events without changing the blinds, which will probably make the prelim events a little better, giving people more room to play early on. I guess they wanted to make this a blanket change for the whole series, but didn’t want a 45 day Main event. It should make for an impressive looking FT chip count though!

No comments: